Players Only Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Only Network

Where stuff happens.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 225 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:07 am
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Windows Server 2008 R2 32 Bit Iso Free Download
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:17 am by seyjerm

» Windows Server 2008 R2 32 Bit Iso Free Download
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:16 am by seyjerm

» KOPLO MESUM ~ Mala P VS Yuli Bohay {Cinta 1 Malam}.FLV Target=
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 4:11 am by seyjerm

» KOPLO MESUM ~ Mala P VS Yuli Bohay {Cinta 1 Malam}.FLV Target=
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 4:10 am by seyjerm

» Windows 7 Interfata In Limba Romina Gratis De Descarcat
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 pm by seyjerm

» Nss Exploring Econ Qb 2 (bil)
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:26 pm by seyjerm

» Nss Exploring Econ Qb 2 (bil)
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:25 pm by seyjerm

» Windows 7 Ultimate Sony Xtreme Edition X86/ISO/ENG 2010
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm by seyjerm

» Wave Arts MASTER-RESTORATION Suite V5.70 MacOSX
Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:19 pm by seyjerm

Links
There are none!

Game Nostalgia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raethin

Raethin

Awesome Points : 25610
Fame : 0

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:07 pm

As gamers, there are games that hold special places in our hearts. Usually, we start to collect games that bring back memories of various periods of our lives. Maybe it's the fact that we're young at the time and have enough difficulty mastering the controls that we spend years playing something that should only take us a few weeks to beat. Maybe it's a game that's so fun and has so much replay value that we play them over and over again. Or maybe the series has been so prolific that you literally grew up playing them. Whatever the case, when we go back and play them again we get that warm, nostalgic feeling. Here's a thread to celebrate these games. Feel free to just list the games and go into great detail why they remind you of your childhood/distant adulthood.

My list goes something like this:

Legend of Zelda - I'm talking about a Link to the Past specifically, but I have great memories of playing the series in general. I was really really young when I first played A Link to the Past, so I mainly spent so much of my childhood playing it because my motor reflexes weren't that developed. Still, it's a pretty addictive game regardless of your level of hand-eye coordination.

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature - This game was designed to take a long time to play and had great replay value. This took up my late elementary school years and early middle school years. It was revolutionary to me in that it was a game where the object wasn't to (intentionally) kill a living thing. It was a pretty unique experience at the time. My sister was also a Harvest Moon fan, so we bonded while playing this. Well, that and Mario Party. But that was a more competitive example.

Resident Evil (Series) - I got into Resident Evil in middle school and still play game sequels today. It was nice for scares when I was relatively new to the series (and younger/easily scared) and also provided a good challenge as I grew up.

Silent Hill (Series) - As a fan of the survival horror genre, this list of nostalgic games wouldn't be complete without a mention of the Silent Hill series. I mainly have memories of this game because it was an immensely popular series that I played as I grew up. Resident Evil and Silent Hill represent the two extremes on the spectrum of survival horror gaming. Unlike Resident Evil, the game was scary because it delved into deep, psychological fears rather than pop-out cheap scares. In short, Silent Hill is to psychological horror as Resident Evil is to action thriller.

There are a lot of other games that would definitely fit into my nostalgic game collection, but I've already talked for too long. I'm interested in hearing what games bring back memories for the various PON members.
Back to top Go down
WanderingWolf
Hero Prinny
WanderingWolf

Awesome Points : 26855
Fame : 5

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 am

My list wouldn't even be series, games were so jumbled up when I was a kid. My dad bought most, or I guess all the games available to us. I'll have to think deeply for what those games are for a bit. xD
Back to top Go down
Stelgim

Stelgim

Awesome Points : 25571

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I remember getting a free computer from an older cousin of mine, it was a Floppy Only Computer, games on floppy discs.. aah those were the times, the screen was black if I remember correctly until you put a floppy in. (no CD-ROM back when it was made)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stelgim.webs.com
Cookiemart

Awesome Points : 25538

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:46 pm

I played quite numerous games growing up, but I never had the chance to finish any of them because my older brother and I shared the Play Station console. Although one day I was finally able to finish one, Final Fantasy Tactics. I felt so accomplished when I saw the rolling credits at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Raethin

Raethin

Awesome Points : 25610

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 am

Yeah, there are a lot of games that I played as a child that I cast with the intent of just beating it. lol I've done quite a few so far too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Nostalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Nostalgia   Game Nostalgia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Nostalgia
Page 1 of 1